You can still meet that right person, even as we emerge slowly from months of confinement. At Matchmaker for Hire, we’re all about connections while remaining dedicated to the health and safety of our clients. We know how difficult and isolating the past weeks have been for many people, but’s now’s not time to meet your match in real life without respecting the rules of physical distancing. Currently, we’re recommending walks and outdoor meetups where proper spacing can be maintained. In addition, we’re actively vetting our clients by asking them if they’re displaying any symptoms for COVID-19 before we set them up on dates. We’re vigilantly monitoring COVID-19 developments and continue to be looking to the Public Health Agency of Canada, HealthLink BC and BC Centre for Disease Control for guidance and recommendations.
But, until the situation changes, let’s keep the words of Dr. Bonnie Henry top of mind:
“We’re social people… let’s do it in small, thoughtful ways, and also let’s be really concerned about ourselves and if we are feeling unwell or under the weather, put it off for another day.”
Please be advised that at every single client interaction, we will be asking the following questions:
- (i) Do you have new/worse cough or shortness of breath?
- (ii) Are you feeling feverish or have had shakes or chills in the last 24 hours? (> 38 degrees Celsius)?
- iii) Are you or someone that lives with you currently self-isolating?
- Has anyone in the home had influenza-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you’ve come in contact with travelled within the last 14 days? Where?
- Have you had contact in the last 14 days with a sick person?