Even if you’re pretty sure you’re hitting it off with someone, the signs of a good first date aren’t always easy to recognize, but it’s a safe bet if you both add extra time to your parking meter 😊
While most people probably define a “good date” as one that leads to more dates down the line, that’s not the only or best way to look at it. What we like to tell our clients is that it’s totally ok if it doesn’t lead to a second. Don’t get me wrong it can be disappointing if a first date doesn’t turn into a second, but having a good first date is a self-confidence booster. It can remind you that it’s fine to go out and have fun with someone interesting, rather than staying home staring at your phone. They can’t all lead to love, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be good fun!
If you are finding more often than not, a date with the same person doesn’t go past one or two dates, it’s time to manage your expectations and cast a wider net. Here are some tips to having more fun on first dates;
- Instead of auditioning to be partner material, you should just go, have fun and bring the best and happiest version of you to the table.
- Don’t take anything personally, and you shouldn’t let one bad date sour your views towards dating.
- Don’t get trapped in the job interview date, they are awkward and high stress.
- Try to plan a date that is active in some way – good dates are always interactive.
- Take comfort in the idea that everyone is uncomfortable, and that is a learning experience. The more you grow, the better a dater you will be. The better a dater you are, the better the fit will be when you do land the relationship.
Me? I’m an optimist- from the unique moments of my clients connecting.