We budget everything in our lives — food,entertainment, travel, and so on. One thing we don’t tend to think about in terms of savings though, is dating. When we take somebody out for a night on the town, we tend to want to go all out. This is especially true if you’ve just met someone and are actively trying to impress them. After all, if you took someone out on a first date that consisted of McDonald’s paid with a coupon,followed by a Netflix movie at your buddy’s place, are the chances good for a second date? Maybe not.
However, that doesn’t mean you should spend tons and tons on the dating scene either. If you do, then all your careful budgeting elsewhere goes to waste. Instead, set a monthly budget for dating. Depending on your earnings, this budget can be high or low, though it should realistically never exceed 10% of your monthly income. Stick to this number while still finding ways to have fun, and you’ll earn a reputation for being a fiscally conservative dating machine.
A recent survey has revealed that, in fact, an average date night in Canada clocks in at $125, with those in Vancouver paying the most of all ($149). Globally, however, a date night in Canada is still cheaper than the same date in several other major global cities.
- Vancouver is the most expensive city in Canada to date in with an average dating costing $149
- Winnipeg is the country’s cheapest city for a date with a night out setting you back $116
- Canadian couples are paying $5 more than their global counterparts for a date.
- The average Canadian date costs $125 while the worldwide average date is $120
- Toronto is now the 9th most expensive city in the world to date in – shooting up two places in since 2017
- Oslo is the world’s most expensive city, with $221 needed to cover a night out
- Istanbul is the world’s cheapest city for a date at just $40 is needed for a romantic night out
In the end , quality over quantity when it comes to dating……and we can help with that!
Contact [email protected]